VANAGON MECHANICAL SERVICES
We offer a comprehensive array of Vanagon services, including fuel systems, suspension, drive train, and electric systems. Our Upgrades page has more detail about Engine Conversions and Body and Exterior work.
While we do perform custom work and eye-catching builds, most of our work is just regular service on your van. We are expert "every day" mechanics.
We're also pro's at interior services and camping systems for your Vanagon. Check out our Camping and Comfort page for options.
- All fuel lines replaced with our preferred Goodyear hose
- Known weak links of entire fuel system are addressed and repaired for peace of mind
- Fuel tank service/replacement
- Fuel tank hose/seal upgrade kit, including vent line replacement (vapor canisters)
- LP tank service or replacement - LP leak tests throughout all lines
- LP tank refinishing or valve upgrade
- Wheels and tires (15" and 16")
- OE parts used whenever possible
- Bilstiein, Koni and more
- Spring replacement
- Rear wheel spacers to adjust an uneven van
- Urethane or rubber bushing replacement - Powerflex, Meyle
- FOX and Old Man Emu for off-road style
- Wheel bearings and seals - pack bearings or, if bad, replace with our in-house press
- CV joint and boot replacement
- Shocks, urethane bushings, CV boots, axels, bearings (in-house press)
- Power steering rack
- Rubber mounts, power steering filter, fluid flush (to maximize life of new rack)
- Shift linkage adjustment and lubrication
- Trans axle service - R&R fluid with new, seal replacement-axle seals, selector shaft seal, flexible boot
- Mercedes or Audi wheel conversions - open up the possibilities to better wheels and tire selection!
- Brakes - complete brake service available, including fluid flush
- Big brake kit installation - front or rear
- Remote key fob power lock installation
- Power lock upgrade from manual locks
- Electrical shorts, draws, issues addressed (Note, these can be very tricky and we often require a minimum diagnostic time of 2 hours. If we fix it in that time, we don't charge more.)
- High quality electrical work - we use quality fittings, solder each terminal, heat shrink and wire loomed, zip tied or clamped to body via a number of options
CUSTOM VANAGON WORK
While most of our work is normal, every day maintenance, we do take on custom projects from time to time. These projects can range from $25,000 to over $100,000 depending on the scope and level of customization. We do very few of these a year and we carefully vet each project to determine if it is a mutual fit.
Some of our custom work can be done much more affordably. Want a set of reading lights in back? Done. Reverse back up camera? No problem. Bamboo flooring or accents? Yep. All of these projects take only a few hours, so just ask!