3 Exciting Conversion Options For You
Just a Pop Top
We will install the pop top and bed in your Metris and turn it back to you do whatever you want. If you bought a Passenger Van, you have the ultimate mini-van with dual slider doors, Mercedes performance and safety and a pop top plus whichever seating configuration you purchased (3 seats across one bench, or 5 seats w/ two benches). Keep in mind, if you ever want to go further with your conversion, you must start with a Passenger Van to end up with a Weekender, and a Cargo Van to end up with a Full Camper.
Cost: Pop top on a Metris Cargo Van ($9.995), Color Matching ($1,400). Add $750 for a Passenger Van as the trim modification is significant and much care has to happen to make it look excellent.
This is the classic VW "Weekender" package. We take your Mercedes Metris Passenger van and put a pop top, a rear seat that seats three and folks into a perfectly flat bed, and few other nice touches (e.g. a table that connects to the base of the rear seat face, finished trim work, expanded USB and 12V power outlets, and a pull out storage drawer under the rear seat).
Cost: $22,495. $1,400 to color match the top (comes white)
Availability; Taking deposits now for Fall of 2018 delivery
This is it. The real deal. The awesome pop top. A full set of cabinets along the driver side with sink, refrigerator, cooktop, lots of neat little cabinets. Rear seat with seating for three that folks flat into bed. Drawer under seat. Table and much more. Van has plenty of USB/12V outlets and custom lighting in all the right places. Also included are 4 pieces of window glass - two operable windows in the sliders, and two fixed pieces in the rear quarter window areas.
Cost: $35,995. $1,400 to color match the top (comes white)
Availability; Taking deposits for Fall of 2018. Spring of 2018 is sold out.
Ordering Your Conversion
We are now taking deposits for all three conversions. A deposit of 70% is required and is generally not refundable until we resell your allocation.
- Just A Pop Top: 4-6 weeks from order to install and delivery back to you. We require a 70% deposit
- Weekender And Full Campers: For 2018 we are building these on a Production Group Schedule.
- Production Group 1: 2 Weekenders and 4 Full Campers Available. Deposits Due 12/31/17. Delivery to you beginning April 2018. Update 2/1/18 - All Full Campers are sold out. We have one Weekender available that can be purchased along with a van (no waiting for the van)
- Production Group 2: 4 Weekenders and 10 Full Campers Available. Delivery to you beginning October 2018. Update 4/1/18 - 4 Full Campers Left, 2 Weekenders left.
- Production Group 3: 4 Weekender and 8 Full Campers Available. Delivery to you beginning January, 2019.
Phasing Your Project:
Many of customers do the project in two phases. Generally speaking, tops are available to install with 30 days notice. The seating and interiors are the long lead time items. What this means for you is that we can often install your top now and you can come back in a few months when your interior components are ready. Ask us about this option.
Buying A Metris
Remember: If you want to end up in a Weekender, you must buy a Passenger Van. If you want to end up with a Full Camper, you must buy a Cargo Van. For us, it's not important which option packages you select, but we do require you to get X27 - which is the second battery factory installed. We will swap the actual battery out for a higher performing one, but it's a large benefit to have that wiring done at the factory. Also, the perfect match for the rear seat is the VY2 Upholstery option. A factory installed rear hitch, Q24, is also a good idea if you might ever want a bike rack or similar.
We strongly encourage you to work with our local Mercedes Benz dealer - Mercedes Benz of Seattle. The Sprinter/Metris salesperson is Keith Donaldson. Keith has been working with us for over a year on this project and has a queue of vans on order in our specification - both Cargo and Passenger. Mercedes Benz of Seattle is two blocks from Peace Vans and vehicles delivered are, literally, in sight of our facility. Keith is an expert in this market and will get you a fair and honest deal on a Metris which Peace Vans can convert.
- Camping Heater. Stay warm on the those cold nights camping. $2,295 (Full Camper).
- Bike Racks and Roof Racks (all models). Price depends on set up
- Fiamma 8' Awning. $1050 (all models)
- Swivel Seats: $1,275